Carrie Fisher, the actress best know for her iconic role as Princess Leia, passed away earlier today after suffering a heart attack late last week. As reported by PEOPLE, her daughter Billie Lourd issued a statement this morning regarding her mother’s passing: “She was loved by the world and she will be missed profoundly. Our entire family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers.” Let’s remember her by taking a look at some of her most memorable quotes.
1. “I think of my body as a side effect of my mind.”
2. “As you get older, the pickings get slimmer, but the people don’t.”
3. “You can’t find true affection in Hollywood because everyone does the fake affection so well.”
4. “I went to a doctor and told him I felt normal on acid, that I was a light bulb in a world of moths. That is what the manic state is like.”
5. ” If anything, my mother taught me how to sur-thrive. That’s my word for it.”
6. “Along with aging comes life experience so in every way that is consistent with even being human, Leia has changed.”
7. “People are still asking me if I knew Star Wars was going to be that big of a hit. Yes, we all knew. The only one who didn’t know was George.
8. “Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.”
9. “Sometimes you can only find heaven by slowly backing away from hell.”
10. “No motive is pure. No one is good or bad-but a hearty mix of both. And sometimes life actually gives to you by taking away.”
For more articles like this, subscribe!